Skip to main content

Jordan's First Blog

 Hey there! My name is Jordan Larson, and I'm a junior in college pursuing a degree in Elementary Education. Currently, I'm taking Art 200, and I'm excited to share my thoughts and analyses on various artworks through this blog. Join me as I delve into the world of art and explore its many dimensions. Let's appreciate and discuss the beauty and meaning behind different forms of art together!

Sunflowers by Claude Monet
I find Claude Monet's Sunflower to be one of my favorite pieces because I love sunflowers and I love how he used different visual textures for the table and the wall.

I have always had a deep connection with art in various forms. As a crafty person, I find immense joy in expressing my creativity through painting with watercolor and acrylic. The vibrant colors and the fluidity of watercolor painting allow me to bring my imagination to life on paper. Additionally, I love to crochet heartfelt gifts for my family and friends, especially during the holidays. Baking is another form of art that I thoroughly enjoy, and I find myself immersed in the process of creating delectable treats. I also enjoy music. I play the Ukulele and Guitar as well as sing. My creative endeavors often come in seasons, where I might dedicate a period to baking, and then transition to a phase focused solely on watercolor painting. Each season brings new inspiration and allows me to explore different facets of my artistic expression.
You can't have an art appreciation blog without Bob Ross. The Icon.

Comments

  1. I taught elementary music for 21 years. It was a great job. Of course - Bob Ross! Some of my good teacher friends were art educators that worked district-wide to create art kits for classroom teachers to use with their students. With your art background, I can see you being like my mom, who taught art every Friday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Baroque Era: "Girl With The Pearl Earring"

Girl With The Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer " Girl with a Pearl Earring " by Johannes Vermeer was painted around 1665 in Delft, Netherlands. This painting is considered a Baroque painting due to several characteristics typical of the Baroque style. The use of light and shadow to create a sense of drama and intensity, the focus on a single figure with a strong emotional presence, and the intricate details in depicting the subject's clothing and the pearl earrings all contribute to its classification as a Baroque artwork. Additionally, the rich color palette and the artist's attention to capturing the tactile qualities of the fabric and the subject's skin further align it with the stylistic traits of the Baroque period. The art elements found in " Girl With The Pearl Earring " by Johannes Vermeer inspire awe through their use of lighting, composition, and texture. The interplay of light and shadow creates a sense of mystery and depth, drawing the viewe...

The Influence of Celebrities on Post-Modern Art

 The Influence of Celebrities on Post-Modern  Pop art is an art movement that emerged in the mid-1950s in Britain and the late 1950s in the United States. It emphasized the artwork's engagement with popular culture, including consumer products, advertisements, and celebrity icons. Pop art often featured vibrant colors, bold contrasts, and imagery drawn from mass-produced items and media. Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein were notable figures in the pop art movement, known for their iconic depictions of celebrities and consumer goods. Celebrities had a significant influence on 80s pop art by serving as iconic subjects for many renowned artists. In the 80s, artists continued to draw inspiration from popular culture and embraced celebrities as symbols of the contemporary era. The vibrant and glamorous personas of celebrities were often depicted in bold, dynamic styles characteristic of the pop art movement. Artists such as Andy Warhol, Patrick Nagel, and Richard Hamilton created s...

Early Modern Art: The Influence of the Great Depression

The Great Depression significantly impacted art, particularly in the United States. Artists during this period often turned to social realism, depicting the harsh realities of the time. Many artworks featured images of poverty, unemployment, and the struggles of everyday life. The art created during the Great Depression served as a powerful reflection of the economic and social challenges faced by the American people. It also provided a platform for artists to express empathy and solidarity with those enduring hardship, as well as to advocate for social change. The art of this era continues to offer insights into the human experience during one of the most trying periods in American history.   Ben Shahn (American, born Lithuania, 1898–1969). Welders , 1943. Gouache on board, 22 × 393/4 in. (55.9 × 101 cm). The Museum of Modern Art, New York, Purchase, 1944 Ben Shahn's piece " Welders " created in 1943, during the time of the Great Depression, reflects the social and econo...